How do I set up an ad hoc network through command prompt with internet access?

Here's my issue: Basically I want to make my laptop a wifi-hotspot and I've googled around and the proposed solution is to create an ad-hoc network. I tried following the steps: First enabling ICS on the lan network, but my problem is that I don't have the drop-down list with the "Wireless... show more Here's my issue: Basically I want to make my laptop a wifi-hotspot and I've googled around and the proposed solution is to create an ad-hoc network. I tried following the steps:

First enabling ICS on the lan network, but my problem is that I don't have the drop-down list with the "Wireless Connection" option

Then setting up the ad-hoc network through the wizard). This however, never works. The ad-hoc network is created, but my phone doesn't pick it up.

However, if I go through the command prompt(admin privileged) and set it up using the "netsh wlan set hostednetwork" mumbo jumbo, I'm able to create a network which my phone detects and connects to. The only problem is that it has no internet connection.

How do I solve this? Honestly the second method is proving to be the more useful one but the lack of internet is the problem.
1 answer 1