Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 7 years ago

Why are men uglier than women?

Although i am myself a man , but still , men are uglier as compared to women.

In general, men have far more body hair than women , facial hair which if left natural would grow long n thick, men get bald heads, even if men don't have body hair the body is not that attractive..just compare a female legs with male legs and u would realise it.

.....why are men made uglier than a woman? Despite being uglier how do men attract women...?

• Julia

traditionally men are hunter gatherers who needed to be strong and powerful. they didn't need to look aesthetically pleasing, they just needed to be macho and good providers.

I don't know that the assumption that men are uglier than women is correct, so I think it would be pretty fruitless to try and answer why that may be the case. However, there are a number of reasons why someone might think men are uglier than women, though their opinion is not necessarily an objective truth.

For one, I assume you are a straight male and that you are attracted to females. I imagine many people attracted to the male sex would disagree with you (myself included - I find that I more frequently consider men to be especially beautiful than women).

For two, women are encouraged and allowed to be much more decorative with themselves - they can enhance their looks with clothes, makeup, and so on, and a great deal of energy is spent in society in providing women with the opportunities to do just that. Although this may be changing a bit now, men tend not to be encouraged to enhance their looks to quite the same extent.

For three (building on the last point), it may just be a modern, social aesthetic that regards female beauty as superior to male beauty in general. This is, of course, not universal or objective. Just look at ancient Greek society - men were generally considered to be much more aesthetically pleasing than women.

* I just feel inclined to say that some of the answers here are so... for lack of a better word and in light of rapidly waning energy to address this kind of issue... awful.

First you presuppose aesthetics are objective, most would argue this is not true making your statement pretty...strange..."to whom is this bachelor married"...I can't answer the question if the question is a bad one

I guess I could say something like. Women find men cute, have you ever seen something so ugly it was cute?

Men aren't uglier than women, you are a man so you find women attractive...a female or a gay male would find a man's hairy legs and chest attractive, they like a square face opposed to a round one

further, people are not just attracted by what their eyes show them. voice, smell, personality, all play key factors...ability...status....the shebang

How? Biology betch. you can't fight it.

Why? Accident or God, possibly something we don't know about but ULTIMATELY it will end in one of the three, accident/chance, God, other.

Source(s): Philosopher

definitely ugly women. a stack of vogue magazines and billboard advertisements are enough to make an attractive woman feel bad about herself. ugly women have it hard just trying to look their best. it differs for ugly men because sometimes if they are unattractive they could be described as rugged or manly. it's a double standard but there you have it.

• KP

If men were really uglier, why would any woman marry a man? Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Ask any gay!!

Men were created to run after animals to hunt for food, he is coarse, because he needs not beauty. women are biologically created to produce and nurture babies. Hair and a bigger body is a waste of energy on a women who needs it for the child in her womb.

Both are beautiful in their own ways, they fall in love because opposites attract, no woman wants a girly looking guy, and and they have no complaints with the hair on men's face and body and different form.

hairs on the body does not make men ugly. its the natural difference that god has created. men attracts women by their muscular body. and it is natural that men are more attracted towards women or vice versa rather than same sex people. every person has something in him/her to attaract opposite sex person its just the thing that you should discover within you

Men attract women by having money.

But men are much more beautiful than women.

Girls have a billion ways to look attractive

wHat makes a guy attractive is personality

Us girls cheat hair and make up and diff dresses

and there a some woman that look like men lol its how u look after yourself

Beauty is feminine. Women have it.

Magnanimity is masculine. Men have it.

Women are attracted towards masculinity of men.

Men are attracted towards beauty of women.

They both are bonded together by nature and live happily to breed future generations.

Because we're built that way. You must realize we're still animals and still slave to many of our animal instincts. We just gloss them over to make them sound honorable and romantic some way. I think it's more important to ask why we find a female's physicality particularly attractive in so many little ways. I think it's just what we needed in our 'hairier' days when the ability to identify a female across a valley and maybe obscured by bushes and trees...made us specifically vulnerable to intricate, female indicators and pheromones. :]