What is Canonical issue in SEO ?

I want to know about canonical issue. Please provide me detail with some examples.

Canonical issue is of duplicate pages, if by chance your site 2 page same content and different urls but you can't redirect it so their using canonical tag. Canonical tag using in head section on your site.

Wow I can't believe how many wrong answers there are here. Sorry, but half of them are about 301 redirects. <--- wow.

One guy said it best tho... Ramesh. It's about duplicate content, and here is a way to explain it.

You have two pages which are almost entirely the same content for whatever reason.

Page A - has content about cars /pagea

Page B - has the same content about cars, but has a different URL. /pageb

Page A is what you want listed in Google and where you want the traffic to really go to.

So you set a canoncial tag on PAGE B... (the canonical tag lists page A) to say that Page A is the place the visitors and the engines should go.

Page A will get priority, and you are telling the search engines pretty much this:

"Hey, I have two pages with the same content, but I am setting the canonical URL to page A okay? This way I won't have any duplicate content issues."

Search Engine: "Okay thanks! We will make sure and list page A and not page B, thanks for letting us know, you won't have a duplicate content issue now."

There's your answer. Hope that helps.

• Pankaj6 years agoReport

best answer @The Gord Wu

Canonical issue is nothing but when on a site you post same content for different url. But not redirect, at that place canonical issue arise. To remove this issue use Canonical tag in head section.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What is Canonical issue in SEO ?

Source(s): canonical issue seo: https://shortly.im/eRKIX

Canonical issue is the problem when a website url say http://yoursite.com is typed in the browser, if doesn't redirect to www.yoursite.com. This problem is canonical issue in SEO. The search engine cannot understand that both the http://yoursite.com and www.yoursite.com are same urls. So, this can create issue which optimizing websites for search engine.

if you have a same content at many web pages but the url is different then it is a canonical issue.

If you are using a same content then add a Canonical tag to page else google will penalize your site for spamming.

Canonical is a tag which is placed in duplicate page issue like I have two pg A and B but by mistake A's content got repeat in B the I will insert canonical tag in page B. So that Google's crawler should move away by seeing canonical tag.

Canonicalization is the process of picking the best url when there are several choices, and it usually refers to home pages.

For example, most people would consider these the same urls:

www.qualitypointtech.com

qualitypointtech.com/

www.qualitypointtech.com/index.html

qualitypointtech.com/index.html

But technically all of these urls are different.

Google can t understand is the site is same or not. Technically Canonical Issue is a part of 302 redirection.

Canonicalization is not limited to the inclusion of alphanumeric characters. It also dictates forward slashes in URLs.

What Is Canonical

Canonical issue is simply about duplicate content issue. Know more about it on this post: http://delasks.com/on-page-seo-techniques-what-is-...