Hello X asked in PetsDogs · 7 years ago

is dog debarking illegal or legal in the UK?

It's banned, along with ear cropping and declawing cats, because it's of no medical benefit to the animal, and is therefore inhumane.

There's nothing wrong with this at all as I have been a vet for 5 years and I have seen this happen to many dogs it DOESNTnot take There voice away it softens it so it's not as piercing noise and the dog doesn't know any different. This has saved so many dogs for been dumped in shelters and from being put down in fact it's cruel to stop ur dog from barking as its a natural thing for dogs to do especially some breads so lean the facts from the fiction it saves Dogs lives.

I'm not totally certain it is actually 'illegal' but I seriously doubt you'd find many vets willing to do this surgery these days. Try asking the RCVS or BVA for the legal situation with this. For me, apart from there being other means of prevent excess yapping, it doesn't make a dog soundless in any case - they just make a different and quite unpleasant noise instead.

Add - For my own satisfaction, I've just emailed the RCVS and asked if it is illegal/banned in the UK or not. I'll put my answer here, if this question is still open.

• ronald

I have my three dogs crate trained, and I didn't have any real issues with it. Learn here http://onlinedogtraining.enle.info/?XaP1

I didn't get them as very young puppies, and that makes a difference. young puppies are like young babies. They don't cry to manipulate, they cry to have their needs fulfilled. They need to potty every 2 to 3 hours at this young age, and crating them for long periods of time causes them physical discomfort. They don't like to potty where they sleep, so it creates the need for the dog to get out of the crate, or soil it, which will make him more reluctant to use it.

Make the crate a place where good things happen. My dogs get a small treat every time I crate them before I leave. They also get fed in their crates (I feed a raw diet, so it's less messy if they eat in their crates). They dive into their crates in anticipation of food. I also leave the crate doors open all the time so they can sleep in their even when I'm home if they choose. If you have a smaller sized crate, keep it close to your computer, or other busy areas of the house so the dog has an option to go there and rest when you are home. toys such as Kong's are great for the crate because you can stuff them and give the dog something to occupy him. I used to stuff mine with a mixture of peanut butter and frozen mixed veggies, then I'd freeze it before giving it to the dog. You could very easily do this when you are sitting at the computer, give him the Kong in the crate. Shut the door and let him enjoy it while you surf the web. (he may have to potty after he finishes it, so make sure you take him outside when he's done). I'd also remove the kong and take him out of the crate before he asks to come out.

If you keep it positive, don't make a fuss when you come home, or when you leave, and have patience, the crate can be a wonderful tool!

It is illegal.

You will never find a vet willing to do it.

Unlike the US, we don't chop random parts of the dog off for our own convenience.

I hope all these motherfuckers who do such cruel tings bun in hell forever.

It it aint illegal then someting is wrong with the law.

illegal coz its cruel

• Fred F

I have no idea , but it should be illegal .

If it isn't illegal, then it should be!