Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 6 years ago

cant use windows7 after dual booted with windows8..?

yesterday I dual booted my laptop that was running windows 7 with windows 8 creating a different drive. I successfully installed and booted with windows 8 but now when I try to boot in with windows it starts checking for errors,system repair and other options pops up and im unable to run windows 7 but can use windows8.....pleasehelp me out ..what should i do to run windows7...

guys after clicking on windows 7, in dual boot menu it goes to reparing windows with a repair windows with startup repair,and other option....please help guyz I cant log in to windows 7 but can log in to windows8

Windows 8 probably over wrote Windows 7 files, making Windows 8 work, but breaking Windows 7.

I think u cant repair boot-loader, win 8 is upgrade version then win 7 so when u install its over wrote boot loader If you want to run win 7 and 8 pls take my suggestion don't think about dual boot as it was old fashion. I recommend you to use vmware workstation so u don't have any problem to install any OS and non dos OS like Linux without trouble

Repair the bootloader of windows 7, system repair

You can keep and use both Windows version, but you need to repartition your C drive and install the different version on each drive in order to prevent overwriting the programs files during the installation.

this will reduce your ram and cause you . and the drawback is windows 8 overloades the windows 7 and corrupts the data.

source http://how2blog.org

• Martin

use http://neosmart.net/EasyBCD/ to repair the bootloader

make sure you did this