Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 6 years ago

cant use windows7 after dual booted with windows8..?

yesterday I dual booted my laptop that was running windows 7 with windows 8 creating a different drive. I successfully installed and booted with windows 8 but now when I try to boot in with windows it starts checking for errors,system repair and other options pops up and im unable to run windows 7 but can use windows8.....pleasehelp me out ..what should i do to run windows7...

Update:

guys after clicking on windows 7, in dual boot menu it goes to reparing windows with a repair windows with startup repair,and other option....please help guyz I cant log in to windows 7 but can log in to windows8

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 years ago

Windows 8 probably over wrote Windows 7 files, making Windows 8 work, but breaking Windows 7.

• 6 years ago

I think u cant repair boot-loader, win 8 is upgrade version then win 7 so when u install its over wrote boot loader If you want to run win 7 and 8 pls take my suggestion don't think about dual boot as it was old fashion. I recommend you to use vmware workstation so u don't have any problem to install any OS and non dos OS like Linux without trouble

• 6 years ago

Repair the bootloader of windows 7, system repair

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

You can keep and use both Windows version, but you need to repartition your C drive and install the different version on each drive in order to prevent overwriting the programs files during the installation.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 years ago

this will reduce your ram and cause you . and the drawback is windows 8 overloades the windows 7 and corrupts the data.

source http://how2blog.org

• Martin
    Lv 6
    6 years ago

use http://neosmart.net/EasyBCD/ to repair the bootloader

• 6 years ago

make sure you did this

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.