Does new (replaced) clutch plate take time to get set with engine ?

My car has clocked 43000 Kilometres and today I changed its whole clutch kit (clutch plate, pressure plate, bearings etc) from service station because the old one had become very hard. When I got delivery of my car after the replacement of clutch kit andI was about to test its performance, the car was just... show more My car has clocked 43000 Kilometres and today I changed its whole clutch kit (clutch plate, pressure plate, bearings etc) from service station because the old one had become very hard. When I got delivery of my car after the replacement of clutch kit andI was about to test its performance, the car was just hesitating a bit to move forward when I let go of the clutch and stepped on the gas, but didn't knock and when I was driving it on higher gears, the cars throttle response was feeling much with new clutch as compared with the old clutch. Is it that this new clutch plate will take some time to get "set" with engine ?