Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsSkin Conditions · 6 years ago

Does coffee reduce acne and weight ?

Does drinking coffee helps to reduce weight and acne

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 years ago
    Favourite answer

Does drinking coffee helps to reduce weight and acne?

I would say it does the opposite

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Hello Ritz,

Well, ingredients in the coffee (e.g. sugar) might not reduce acne, but worsening it. Apart from this, if caffeine is keeping you awake, that could be why some individuals may be experiencing higher levels of acne. When you do not have enough sleep, your body is put under much higher levels of stress. When your stress level is increased it will stimulate your hormonal glands that are responsible for androgens(wiki).

Androgen hormones are linked with overproduction of the skin cells, leading to blocked pores. When pores become blocked, the oil and dirt trapped inside can lead to infection and irritation of the blocked pores, causing larger pimples, and a general increase in acne breakouts.

The good news is that there is no proven direct correlation between caffeine intake and acne. However, remember caffeine might cause stress, and stress might cause acne.

So coffee, is not likely to reduce acne.

Caffeine may slightly boost weight loss or prevent weight gain, but there's no sound evidence that increased caffeine consumption results in significant or permanent weight loss.

Although research about the connection between caffeine and weight isn't definitive, there are a few theories about how caffeine might affect weight, including:

1. Appetite suppression. Caffeine may reduce your desire to eat for a brief time, but there's not enough evidence to show that long-term consumption aids weight loss.

2. Calorie burning. Caffeine may stimulate thermogenesis — one way your body generates heat and energy from digesting food. But this probably isn't enough to produce significant weight loss.

Hope this helped you ;)

delidreamer~

• 6 years ago

The active ingredient caffeine does increase your pulse rate slightly; this may lead to more exercise and hence weight loss. Otherwise, Coffee is unrelated to losing weight or reducing acne

• 6 years ago

Coffee can lead to more acne n blackheads.. M not sure of its role in weight reduction!!!!!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 years ago

Watch my acne video These are the best cheapest products to get rid of acne & scars! One of the products was given to me by my dermatologist, it worked but it was very expensive. I found it online at a reasonable price. You'll see the difference in a week! My skin is flawless now! Photos are in the video (: All the best!

http://youtu.be/MvuXB-ODN98

Youtube thumbnail

• 4 years ago

do 250 breaststrokes about 10 minutes

• 4 years ago

take a 30 second break in the middle of your meal evaluate just how hungry you still are before getting back to your food

• 4 years ago

Regular water comsumption is more important because dehydration can make you thin you re hungry

• 4 years ago

lift weights

• 4 years ago

snack on a small handful of nuts

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.