Boyfriend screams at me?

Valentine's Day was terrible. I cried a lot. My boyfriend was driving us to a dinner cruise that I paid for us to go on. He wanted me to run in an buy him cigarettes at Walgreens, and started counting out money while driving my car (which I still owe $26k on, and he's already had one accident in...it was... show more Valentine's Day was terrible. I cried a lot. My boyfriend was driving us to a dinner cruise that I paid for us to go on. He wanted me to run in an buy him cigarettes at Walgreens, and started counting out money while driving my car (which I still owe $26k on, and he's already had one accident in...it was the other person's fault, but he could have prevented it). The light turned red quickly and everyone started slamming on their brakes. I grunted and tensed up. It was just a short grunt, half a second.

He instantly started screaming at me, and saying that I was calling him a bad driver by making "those noises and freaking the *** out". He screamed and screamed for 5 minutes straight, and said he was thinking of turning around because he wasn't "dealing with my sh*t tonight" and he was "so tired of it." He gets furious if I say something like "hey babe the light's green" when hes texting someone at a red light or calmly say "watch out" when someone veers into our lane. I can't say one thing or make a single noise, or even grip the OMG handle without him screaming at me, and saying I'm accusing him of being a bad driver.

I said I want him to get some help for his anger and he said it's my fault and I "Make" him scream at me, because I know he doesn't like it and I do it anyway. He said if I know he doesnt' like it when I comment on his driving then I should stop doing it, and that if I know by now that it'll "make' him scream then it's my own fault if I get screamed at. He said "I'll get help for my anger when you get help for your mental issues" referring to me "freaking out" over "people braking 100 feet away."

He went in and bought his cigarettes, then came back out and got in the car and said "sorry" and changed the subject.

Been together for 2 years and 2 months. Live together. Unfortunately, this isn't uncommon.