How to safeguard myself from IPC 498A? Answers from lawyers preferred?

I'm a 28 year old man residing in Bangalore, India. I'm an engineering graduate and have a decent job as well. My mother has indirectly hinted several times that I should start considering my marriage (father is no more). She is very open minded, and has given me complete freedom to choose anyone I want... show more I'm a 28 year old man residing in Bangalore, India. I'm an engineering graduate and have a decent job as well. My mother has indirectly hinted several times that I should start considering my marriage (father is no more). She is very open minded, and has given me complete freedom to choose anyone I want irrespective of matters such as caste, religion, social status etc. as long as the woman is a vegetarian (This is what I prefer too). And mom is perfectly fine with love or arranged marriage.

Now its a well-known fact that due to overwhelming exploitation of women by the men since several centuries, the current Indian laws are fully biased towards women, and once a woman takes the legal route, the man is doomed. I'm especially worried about the draconian Section 498A (Dowry harassment) and the clause 'The accused are considered guilty until proven innocent'.

I consulted my friend who is a lawyer, and asked him if I can get a legal document which mentions that no dowry was given or taken, and to be signed by both the bride and groom's family. he told me that it is possible, but if the situation of a false dowry case arises and the brides family give a statement that they were threatened to sign that agreement, then immediately the document becomes void. I'm extremely scared about this because I'm from a very respectable family and people like me are usually easy targets for evil women.

I don't want to suffer for years, spend life in prison, spend loads of money as lawyer fees and finally end up having to part with half our family property (because the law states that wives even have a share in the husband's inherited property after divorce) and paying lifelong maintenance for no fault of mine. I agree that these are rare cases, but still its extremely risky today for an Indian man to get married. I'm asking this on Yahoo Answers because by friend doesn't have much experience as a lawyer. Please help me out.

P.S. I'm specifically posting this in the 'Yahoo Answers India' forum. So if you aren't an Indian, please don't answer this question unless you have some sound knowledge about Indian laws.