asa
Lv 5
asa asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 7 years ago

Fantasy book(or movie / visual) suggestion?

Ok Im looking for a fantasy book to read and have a specific requirement of the type. I don't know how to explain but here it goes .

Though an avid reader of the mainstream fantasy titles like GoT and LOTR , currently I'm looking for something different - something more cheerful. Not wars , fight for power - but a more laid back ,sunny , feel good fantasy. I'd like to get a feeling of walking through a vast meadow as I read it - with the cool spring breeze blowing over my face . Something which describes beautiful landscapes , villages , castles , fantasy creatures , fairies , pixies. Sounds like a children's book and I wouldn't mind that , though I'd prefer a more adult read. Other genres which inspire a similar feeling are also welcome.

5 star to anyone who gives anything close

Update:

Lengend of Zelda game inspires similar feelings in me so something on that lines

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favourite answer

The Last Unicorn by Peter S. Beagle.

More complex than you would guess if you have only seen the crummy animated film.

Also try Tamsin, same author.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

I can't say I know exactly what your talking about but I have a fairly good idea. The only book I can think of that's close to your description is Lament by Maggie Stiefvater.

• 7 years ago

The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.