Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferencePrimary & Secondary Education · 5 years ago

do you think its fair that I should be punished for getting a Saturday detention at school ?

today I had a Saturday detention, I was given a letter to get my parents to sign, but I forged their signature.

my parents found out when the teacher rang my mum to tell her about the detention.

now I have got to spend ALL of tomorrow locked in my room as punishment, they lock my door because I keep sneaking out when they ground me.

I think I am being punished twice for the same thing its not fair my WHOLE weekend has been spoiled Saturday detention today and locked in my room tomorrow its NOT FAIR do you agree ?

Favorite Answer

You are not getting punished twice for the same thing. You are punished with the detention, then again for forging a signature. On top of that, you sneak out when you are grounded. In general you have a problem with authority and accepting punishment. In your life there will times when you have to accept responsibility for things. It really is something you have to learn now, otherwise life will be a long difficult road. I forged my mother's signature once. I got grounded for 2 weeks, which included having to stay home from a camping trip and a school dance.

• Poppy

No I do not agree. Tomorrow is about forging your parents signature, not getting a Saturday detention. Forging signature is the same thing as lying.

• MadMan

Yes it is fair. And you should regard yourself as being lucky that this is all your punishment.

First, you are not being punished twice. You are being punished by your parents for forging their signatures and lying to them.

Second, even if you were being punished again for the same offence, this is also OK. Your parents can impose a punishment on you independent of the school. It would be similar to a professional football player being prosecuted for hitting his fiancé and then being cut from the team.

• Squid

One day of detention in your room is a very light punishment for forging your mother signature.

Grounded for only one day for forging your mother's signature? That's not 'fair' - it's very reasonable of her. You need to grow up and accept responsibility for your own actions.

1) It is totally fair to get punished at home because you got punished at school, that isn't double punishment & 2) you didn't get punished for getting in trouble at school, you got punished for FORGING a signature, and deservedly so

• ?

I think your grammar errors, and there are substantial errors, reflect your path towards academic failure and towards general failure in life. This is like asking if being sent to prison for five year is "too much" punishment for robbing a bank! Really. I think you are a bored child with nothing to do and plenty of "talent for mischief."

If this were the real world, as in at a job, you'd be fired.

• John

It's not enough punishment. You should be in jail.

That is bs I agree with you.