Why did the "For Dummies" series bother to publish this title?

While trying, and failing, to understand the web-site design process

I had my local library secure me a copy of the "For Dummies" book, about web-site design. Reason: No other web-site design book was WILLING to teach the basics, in "people speak" English (the English we speak, with family, friends, and neighbors).

I had hoped that the "For Dummies" book would make things simpler. I was wrong. In fact, the only part, of the "For Dummies" book, which I understood, was the "Welcome to" section.

Beyond this, even the "For Dummies" book use only computer techno-babble, to "explain" web-site design.

Since the "For Dummies" series was supposed to be for those of us who do NOT understand computer lingo, I have to wonder why they bothered to publish yet another title, which only computer programmers, and Ph.d's can understand?

What about the rest of us? When do us non-tech-geeks get a volume, which speaks to us in a way which we can understand?

When will someone publish a web-design book, for those of us who only speak English (not computer)?

To do anything in any field, you need to have a basic understanding of the vocabulary. Example: my brother, who was 5 at the time, wanted Jello. Mom, who was in the next room tending to baby brother said "OK put 2 cups of water on the stove & turn it on", forgetting she was not talking to years older me. Bro took 2 plastic cups, filled them with water & turned on the stove. He did not have a cooking vocabulary. To design a web site you must understand some "computer" The basic terms, web, program keyboard, code etc. all have specific computerese meanings. Look at the computer basics for Dummies, Take a class at the library or online, & you will learn in no time.

Lol