ps4 vs xbox 1?

well i curently have a ps3 and i want to finally move on to the next gen, i wanted to get ps4 cuz well for me its better and also cuz i dont wanna lose my progress in my games

but the price drop of the xbox got my attaention and something in it appeals to me

im not sure what to get so my question is first is there a way to transfer my progress from my ps3 for example in gta online or in battlefield 4 online to an xbox

if so which is better ps4 or xbox 1 ?

PS4. for several reasons

1. Cheaper Price. Xbox One: $500 PS4: $400. Xbox One is bundled with Kinect (which most people don't need or want) so you have to pay an extra $100 for something you don't want. You could buy a PS4 with a game and extra controller for around the same price.

2. Less restrictions. Xbox One makes you buy Kinect with the console, but PS4 doesn't. Kinect is always on, even if you trust some software settings, hackers can still listen in. Having a camera watching and listening to you is not a benefit. It's stupid, especially when Microsoft was discovered to have exposed information to the NSA, so theoretically the NSA could watch you through Kinect if they wanted. You can't disconnect Kinect, and it probably will not work if you cover it up with something. Also, stupid dipshit Xbox fanboys apparently signed a petition to bring back the RESTRICTIVE policies (you have to check in every 24 hours, no trading games or taking them to friends' houses) and it has received 26,000 signatures so far, and it could probably happen, and those stupid Restrictive policies will come back.

3. Better and more exclusives. Which exclusives are better is just opinion, but PS4 has Killzone, Infamous, Driveclub, and a whole bunch of other things. but factually, PS4 has announced 30 exclusives, 20 of which coming out in PS4's first year. And Xbox only has 15, which in my opinion aren't as good as the PS4 exclusives.

4. Hardware. The PS4 has much higher GPU capacity, 150% more. It also has better ram, (Xbox has DDR3, PS4 has DDR5, which can handle more capacity and graphics, basically more power). Also, they both have 8 Gigs of ram. But, the Xbox One will use 3 GIGS of that for the stupid tv stuff that nobody needs, meaning that you sacrifice some of your gaming capacity for that. But PS4 will use almost all of its RAM for gaming.

5. Community. The PS4 has outsold the Xbox One in pre-orders. Hell, even the OUYA outsold the Xbox One in Canada. But I'd say at least 2/3 of people are going PS4, so most of the social community will be there, and probably most of your friends. Sony said they would have unlimited pre-orders, meaning they had A LOT of PS4s set to manufacture, but they actually did sell out of pre-orders, meaning A LOT of people are going PS4.

6. Backwards compatibility. Neither console is backwards compatibile, however, the PS4 does have an advantage because it will be using gaikai, which will be a streaming service in 2014 that will let u play ps3 games, but people don't really know all the specs and how it works, but there at least will be some form of backwards compatibility.

You will still loose your progress in your PS3 games... very few save games get carried over. Now depending on the games you have you could get them for Ps4 for cheap (assuming they are on both systems.

I have an xbox one, for me the best feature is the voice kinect. because I can turn my tv on with my voice, change the channel and turn it off. I don't even really play games that much any more. (and with the way Xbox one is set up your TV goes through the xbox for all of this to happen).

None of that should really matter, you should buy a system for the games. really with you already having a Ps3 most bigger games will come out for both systems. So you should still be able to play Sony games, and now you can play the new xbox games.

Really it is about games. Other features are nice but it is a gaming platform. The reason I chose Xbox One is because I liked the exclusives but if you like the PS exclusives best that is the way to go. I don't really think you should decide on minor graphical differences or interface as these on the scheme of things isn't massive. Controller is important but you can adapt either way so it isn't that big either. (Also if I'm to be honest I love gamerscore so that came into my descesion but that doesn't effect everyone