My gf and I have been together for 2 years. She recently met a guy at her Kaplan course; they've been exchanging emails and text messages.?

According to my gf, the guy is single and is desperately hitting on my gf.

The past weekend, I was busy with work and my gf wanted to see the movie Gone Girl. Since I could't come, she asked this guy out and they went for the movie and later had Chinese food. The guy accompanied my gf to her home by train.

Today, I checked my girlfriend's phone and she called this guy the "handsome guy she met."

Should I be worried?

Just wanted to add that my gf has been honest with me all the while. She asked my permission if she could take this guy to the movie with her...I said yes.

She told me they had dinner and that he dropped her home in the train. I'm fine with it as long as she tells me everything. I'm fine with her having male friends.

What threw me off is that she's calling him the "handsome guy she met." Is this how girls talk to their male friends?

At first, I would say no. It sounds like just her making a new friend... But because of the fact that she refers to him As the handsome guy... that should be a warning sign at the least. I mean more likely than not he's just serving as an ego boost to her, But..still that isn't an excuse to justify that.

• Zoey

Yes, you should be worried. She went on a date with someone who likes her and she's calling him handsome. That's awful.

A guy asked me out when I was with my bf. I did the appropriate thing- I politely rejected him and kept my distance from him for a while. This is what your girlfriend should have done.

Dump her. Find another chick. Just because you cannot go it does not give her the right to go out with another dude.