Android Tablet Apps Installation Problem?

I have an Asus Tablet running Android 4.4.2. There are a number of apps that installed and ran happily on my anonymous Chinese Tablet running Android 4.2.1, but when I try to install them on my new Tablet, I get the message "Unable to install on SD card or USB". There is an SD card with plenty of space and I get the same results if I add a USB drive. I suspect that this is the "inappropriate error message" problem. Does anyone have any ideas?

You have to install apps to internal memory. Then if the apps allows itself to be moved, you can do that in Settings... Apps

Also, with a real Android tablet you should be getting apps from the Google Play Store and many will need Google Services which are part of real Google-approved Android. Your Chinese market apps may be looking for different named services.

• These are apps from Play Store and the problem arises using the Play Store installer.

I've managed to work round the problem by removing the SD card while I install these particular apps. I suspect it's something to do with the Asus hardware. Apart from this niggle, it's a nice tablet.