?
Lv 4
? asked in Consumer ElectronicsCameras · 6 years ago

A camera has ability to shoot at 8 MP (i.e. 3456x2304, but gives a video of 1920x1080 only. Explain.?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • B K
    Lv 7
    6 years ago

Video is lower resolution than stills. 1080px x 1920px is the resolution of full HD video on any camera capable of full HD video. The reason video is lower resolution is that HD video is destined for display on an HD TV. An HD TV only has a resolution of 1080 x 1920. Sills are higher resolution because high resolution images are required for printing at large sizes. Typically these days most point and shoot cameras are 12 megapixels or more. And current DSLRs start off at around 18 Megapixels and upwards. Canon recently launched a 50 Megapixel DSLR. Full HD video is only 2 Megapixels.

There are of course other cameras which can shoot ultra HD and 4K video. But even these are less than what most modern stills cameras can achieve for still photography.

• ?
    Lv 4
    6 years ago

I'm not talking about stills at all. I got the answer. The company advertise the maximum pixels a camera has. And it is for stills. Mostly the video is below that maximum 'MP'

• SRΛSC
    Lv 7
    6 years ago

Video camera is different from still camera.

• 6 years ago

Ask the manufacturer for an explanation.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.