Why is it that the top ten states that take more money from the Government than money paid in (taxes), are Republican?

Mississippi,Alaska, Alabama,Louisiana,Indiana,Montana,So. Carolina, W. Virginia,Tennessee, & Kentucky.

Percentage wise, Republican President's created the most debt.

He didn't increase spending. The FOX News fueled myth that Obama is reclessly spending us into oblivion is fiction. The bush tax cuts plus the new spending that Bush enacted were inevitably going to lead to this situation. Even the least flattering way of calculating the growth of spending under Obama puts him at less than half the growth rate of President Bush.

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 years ago
    Favourite answer

What about Texas? I've heard Texas makes out like a bandit.

It's really just hypocrisy. Republicans hate spending but they realize that spending is what gives ALL politicians their power. Clearly they want to spend just as much (or more!) than the Democrats--you can see that from their record for the last 35 years. But they want to spend it on different things.

Since Reagan, Republicans have promised to double defense spending every few years, cut everyone's taxes and balance the budget. Their performance to this promise has been just abysmal, but they'll keep promising it as long as people are so desperate to believe them!

• 5 years ago

same reason as the last 3,423 times this "question" has been parroted.....errrrr.... asked...

the support for republican candidates is largely a response to the decades of so-called progressive policies that have left those states in dire economic condition...

for example, most of those states once thrived on agriculture and mining.... have you listened to obama s rhetoric regarding the mining industry lately? The ouster of Louisiana s Democratic Senator in 2014 was largely blamed on Obama s continued Gulf drilling embargo...which has led to thousands of jobs lost..

meanwhile, democratic urban policies have created a large, dependent under-class with little to no incentive to better themselves....Compare the job outlook of a place like W.Virginia or Louisiana, where Democratic policies have shut down the largest employers of skilled labor to places like Texas....where thousands of skilled and white-collar jobs are being created every month

• 5 years ago

You missed Texas - 1/3 of their budget comes from the Fed (as of 2014 figures).

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

The top DEM states each get much more military pork-barrel money than all the other poor states. FACT!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 years ago

Why do we send money to DC, only to make states jump through hoops to get it back?

"I see no magic in tax dollars which are sent to Washington and then returned. I abhor the waste and incompetence of large-scale federal bureaucracies...."

John F. Kennedy

• jimmy
    Lv 7
    5 years ago

Because as usual you're relying on a discredited claim, Snopes BUSTED that claim LONG AGO! The state with the most welfare cases in raw numbers AND per capita is Bluey-blue California! You Lefties insist on citing false stats as if they've been proven true!

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

false premises.

explain how the debt can double over six years of a single President, yet that President NOT be spending

When you decide to break it down "percentage wise", you are engaging in that time honored tradition of being a liar who uses statistics, out of context, to fake a point. Congratulations, you can now do your doctoral thesis on lying to the public. I suspectthe democratic party can find a position for you.

I'm particularly fond of the "Bush did it" argument. I have never ever heard that one before.

• 5 years ago

Those "red" States didn't make the Laws that they must follow.

Blame Liberalism.

It is OBVIOUS you ignore the Liberal Insanity of running up Billion in debt which the Blue States have been created for their citizens to pay off and which make them Total Failures.

• 5 years ago

because most of the people that the democrats pass all those bils to create new programs for

live in the south

IE: most minorities live in the south, because liberals are racist and don't like minorities

• 5 years ago

Some people want something for nothing. Some people accuse everyone else of being lazy and stupid but, then they are the only ones who are lazy and stupid.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.