MS indicated my video card wasn't sufficient for Windows 10. Replaced the video card with a better one but MS not seeing the new video card.?

The old NVIDIA GeForce 7300 SE/7200 GS was replaced with a GeForce 210 that should be fine for Windows 10. When I try to update, Microsoft indicates the old GeForce video card is still there. Device Manager sees the new video card as well as Belarc Advisor, and the new GeForce 210 is the only video card listed under Display Adapters. How to fix this problem?

"MS indicated my video card wasn't sufficient for Windows 10."

How? Did you run the system checker? I'm wondering if it leaves some sort of config file that the OS upgrade checks before it'll run. If you haven't done it already, try re-running the system check.

• Smokies Hiker
      4 years agoReport

The Microsoft Update indicated this NVIDIA video card was obsolete and could not be used with Windows 10. A check by my computer repair shop indicated the NVIDIA GeForce 7300 SE/7200 GS had reached it's "end of life."

• lare

revert to Windows Vista