denlp96 asked in SportsOlympics · 4 years ago

Has anyone else noticed the vast expanses of empty seats at the Rio Olympics?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Kyle
    Lv 7
    4 years ago
    Favourite answer

it's mainly just family and friends at the olympics. i doubt a lot of locals are there. i don't know how much tickets cost for certain venues. and some sports are popular than others.

when Phelps and Ledecky were swimming, they had full seats. and same for soccer.

• Lee
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Yes I have and it's not much of surprise, Brazil is a very poor country and a lot of people from other parts of the world did not want to come there just for the Olympics and I don't blame them

• ?
    Lv 7
    4 years ago

Minimal interest, which is felt financially in every facet of Rio's entertainment industry -- but the Paralympics is in deep financial straits....less than 10 percent of the tickets for all events have been sold.

• 4 years ago

Apparently there was a huge ticketing SNAFU. As I understand it the Rio Olympic committee was supposed to buy up blocks of tickets from the IOC, and then resell them as walk-up tickets for locals. However ROC ran out of money to buy said tickets, so the tickets went unsold.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 years ago

There almost always are at any ilympics except for the most popular event finals.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.