david asked in PetsCats · 4 years ago

What are the chances of a baby kitten having rabies?

i bought a 8 week old kitten on craigslist for $20. (He is know about 11 weeks)

i have another 4 month old kitten that has already had all her vaccines and they seem to be getting along and sleeping together.

The BOY 11 WEEk old kitten seems healthy. he is eating and drinking and no showing ant violent behavior.

after doing a bunch of research about rabies and scares me and has me wondering if this new kitten can have rabies.

the woman i bought him from met me a gas station she showed up with her puppy in the car and holding him in her hand. she said the puppy was not liking the kitten thats why she sold it. but i dont know where she got it from, but i at least know that she thoght or knew it does not have rabies.

i heard somewhere that kittens are immune for getting rabies for the first 4 months because of their natural fresh womb thing. is this true?

can a young baby 11 week old kitten have rabies?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

Slim to none,,, if mother cat had rabies shot or was strictly a indoor cat there is absolutely no chance of a kitten having rabies.

Get the kitten to a vet ASAP.

• John M
    Lv 7
    4 years ago

Where would a kitten get rabies ?

• Eva
    Lv 7
    4 years ago

Highly unlikely that an 11 wk. old kitten would have come in contact with a rabid animal. They can have other upper respiratory diseases that are very common. Take your new kitten to the vet and get him started on his vaccinations.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

No chance whatsoever.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.