How do I get my good old Windows7 back instead of windows10 after the 21 day gracey(allen) period?

several of my programs dont work in win10 and I cant get around in the (change for the sake of change)new release.knowing I could remove it if I couldn't use it, I went ahead and upgraded and didn't worry about it untill I found out it wasn't just me and the program I need for several projects wouldn't even load BAD WIN10 BAD BAD WIN10

It's not unusual for a software manufacturer to refuse to release a software patch for their program to run on a new operating system. This happens everytime a new OS comes out. Usually the software manufacturer will release a software patch update (did you check the manufacturer of the software to see if a patch update was released to help it run on Win 10?). But if they refuse to release a patch, then a brand new version of the software, that requires you to buy, is usually released by the manufacturer...... It's how they make their money. Worst case scenario is the software company is finished with the software altogether and doesn't release a patch OR a new version. In that case you have to buy something totally different that will do what you need.

As for your specific case, have you tried using the compatibility mode installation of the software? This works in about 99% of the cases. In the search box type "run programs made for previous versions of windows" then click the link. You will get to a window that asks you to pick an OS you know the program will run on.

here's a link if this will help more

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/15078/win...

If you don't want to try and get it to run on Win 10, then ...

There is no 21-day grace period. It's either 30 days, or 10 days, and that depends on which version of Windows 10 you have. If you have build 1511 (the first released to the public) then you have 30 days from the day you first installed the Win 10 upgrade. If you have build 1607 (the anniversary edition) then you have 10 days from the day you first installed Win 10 upgrade. So IF you qualify in either, the steps are:

click start > click settings > click update & security > click recovery Here is a link for this: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/instantanswers...

If you can't find the recovery or downgrade option in Windows 10, reboot and boot from your drive with your windows 7 backup. If you don't have one, that's OK. Someone will have it. Doesn't matter which cd you use. The only thing that's important is you insert the Windows code that should be on the machine. If you lost that code, then you have a problem. If all else fails, someone can do it for you. But it will set you back at least 50 bucks probably.

my good old Windows7 back instead of windows10 after the 21 day gracey(allen) period?

4 following 21 answers Report Abuse

Trending Now

George Bush JetBlue Airlines Mariah Carey Britney Spears Luxury SUV Deals Rheumatoid Arthritis Symptoms Marion Cotillard Michael Jordan 2016 Cars Conor McGregor

Answers

brayden

It's not unusual for a software manufacturer to refuse to release a software patch for their program to run on a new operating syste

After the grace period for returning to Windows 8.1 or 7, which ended back at the end of July 2016, you need to use your Windows 7 installation disk to return to Windows 7, or a Windows 7 Repair Disk you made as suggested by Microsoft. If you don't have either of these, you'll need to contact your computer manufacturer to see if you can get a Windows Installation Disk for your computer model from them. Hopefully you made sure your computer was compatible with Windows 10 before you upgraded. If it wasn't, that may be your problem. I needed to upgrade my graphic card in order to upgrade to Windows 10.

There are two main ways to do this:

1. Rebuild the operating system from scratch using the original Windows 7 installation disk.

or

2. If your PC has the capability, install virtualisation software and build a Windows 7 environment with the same installation disk.

In either case, as long as you have a genuine Win7 serial number, you should have no problems.

If the 30 day trial period has already expired: You must use your Windows 7 Recovery DVDs as described in the PC User Manual.

Didn't burn your Win 7 Recovery DVDs? You were warned to abort the W 10 install and Burn your W 7 Recovery DVDs...

Buy the Recovery DVDs DIRECTLY from your PC Manufacturer's website.

So... a program you have is so old that people haven't updated it in the past 2 years, since Windows 10 first appeared on the scene... And you think it is Windows 10 fault that people haven't updated your program??

You can buy another Windows license and install that...

Hi!

If you go to the windows 10 settings, there is a downgrade option in there.

funny how someone asks this question as my windows 10 corrupted and now im stuck with a 32GB windows 7, 30GB windows 8 with no wifi and a non working w10

Anyway, i hope i helped!

Why is Windows 7 better than the Windows 10 these are good answers for this

• Harry

If you are past the grace period there is no way to downgrade - you must complete a full clean installation of Windows 7.