rice cooker?

• james

Pot stove is best. Put your wood in the potstove light it Then the rice pot on top. This heats the water fast. Stir once. Then let it cook over the lower more even charcoal heat.

Not sure what it is you're asking about rice cookers, but here's some info.

I have a small inexpensive rice cooker that works well and conveniently, for maybe 4-5 servings (Aroma brand), but rice cookers are available in sizes up to huge and there are also various brands some of which are quite expensive (but very good, like Zojirushi).

Rice cookers can also do other things besides cooking rice though (and flavored rices) since they're basically electric skillets (different shape and material) which also have a sensor for shutting off when they detect a certain low level of humidity has been reached in the pot (and a springed-button that detects weight in the inner pot which allows the unit to go on) .

They can even cook entire "one-pot meals" if you want to do that (mixed ingredients like spaghetti or with each ingredient staying separate):

https://www.google.com/images?q=rice+cooker+meals

Pressure cookers work fine for making rice too, and most electric pressure cookers actually are based on rice cookers but have more functions than just cooking rice (I have the best-selling one, Instant Pot DUO 7-in1).

I have one that I used for a long time. Now I've gone on an eating plan that limits my carbohydrates, and have an InstaPot pressure cooker that has a rice cycle. You might want to move toward multi-use appliances.

I had one for a while. I don't really like them, it turns out. Stove top and a decent pot with a lid works just fine.

Rotisserie chicken?

They sell them in stores. You buy one, take it home, and cook rice in it. Anything else you need to know about them?

I have a new one that you use in the microwave from Tupperware.

pressure cooker

CROCK pot