Is their such a product as a pad or something, that can be placed on the floor below a toilet, that will change colors when made wet?

1 Answer

  • 3 years ago

    There is such a product as you describe, but the product is used in clinical laboratories to gauge the pH(acidic or not)of solutions. The product is available in strips that change color if the liquid if acidic or not. It has been a very long time since college chemistry, but the strips are one color(blue)and turn red to designate the solution is acidic. The bottle holding strips has a range of colors to show how acidic is the solution. The strips used for urine will change color. If you are referring to urine as the wetting solution, go to Google and search for, " color strips to show concentration of urine and fluids." Strips are referred to as pH strips. Quiz Google for the pH range of urine. A scale of 1 to14 tells you how acidic. Range of 7 is for water; range of 8-14 is non-acidic. Stomach acid is range 2.5.



Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.