Questioner => (quote) " Hinduism is evidently false because it is claims the Earth is hanging on the back of an elephant. "
SUPERIOR IGNORANCE --"IGNORANCE IS BLISS"
QUOTES ON HINDU UPANISHADS => Hindu VEDANTHA (VEDHAM + ANTHA )
VEDHANTHA (Crown Jewel) of Vedham)
(1) There is no book in the world that is so thrilling, stirring and inspiring as Upanishads –Max Muller –German Scholar (in Sacred Books of the East)
(2) “(Hindu-Upanishads) “Vedhaantha is the most impressive Metaphysics, the Human mind has conceived “ –Prof.Alfred North Whitehead –British Mathematician and Philosopher
(3) William Schopenhauer (German Scholar) => “(Hindu) Vedas/Upanishads are the most rewarding and most elevating books, which can be possible in the World.
(4) “The Hindu Genius is a love for abstraction and at the same time a passion for concrete image. It is abstract, realistic, intellectual, pedantic and sublime.
(Dr.Octavio Paz—Mexican Nobel Laureate in Literature
(5) In 1925, before his revolutionary theory was complete, Prof.Erwin Schrodinger (Austrian Nobel Laureate in Quantum Physics) wrote:=>
“This life of yours which you are living is not merely a piece of this entire existence, but in a certain sense the "whole"; only this whole is not so constituted that it can be surveyed in one single glance. This, as we know, is what the Brahmins express in that sacred, mystic formula which is yet really so simple and so clear: “TAT TVAM ASI”= this is you. Or, again, in such words as "I am in the East and the West, I am above and below, I am this entire world."
“TAT TVAM ASI” –Chaandogya Upanishad-6-8-7
(6) Henry David Thoreau—American Thinker & Author=> “ whenever I have read any part of the Vedas, I have felt some un-earthly and un-known light illuminated me. In the great teaching of the Vedas, there is no touch of sectarianism.-It is of all ages, climbs and nationalities and is the royal road for the attainment of the Great knowledge.-when I read it,I feel that I am under the spangled heavens of a summer night.”
---------------------------------------... ON HINDU BHAGAVAT GITA
(1) “In the morning I bathe my intellect in the stupendous and Cosmogonal philosophy of the Bhagavad-Gita, in comparison with which our modern world and its literature seems puny and trivial.” --― Henry David Thoreau (American Scholar)
(2) “The Bhagavad-Gita is the most systematic statement of spiritual evolution of enduring value to mankind. It is one of the most clear and comprehensive summaries of perennial philosophy ever revealed; hence its enduring value is subject not only to India but to all of Humanity.” - Aldous Huxley (British Scholar)
(3) “In order to approach a creation as sublime as the Bhagavad-Gita with full understanding it is necessary to attune our soul to it.” ― Rudolf Steiner (German Scholar)
(4) “Bhagavat Gita has a profound influence on the spirit of mankind by its devotion to God, which is manifested by Actions”—Dr.Albert Shweizer (German –1/14/1875 to sept,4,1965)
(5) “ The marvel of Bhagavat Gita is its truly beautiful revelation of Life’s wisdom, which enables philosophy to blossom into Religion”--Hermann Hesse (Hermann Karl Hesse (German-July-2-1877 to August –9-1962) was a German Born Swiss Poet and Novelist.
(6a)” "The Bhagavad-Gita calls on humanity to dedicate body, mind and soul to pure duty and not to become mental voluptuaries at the mercy of random desires and undisciplined impulses."
(6b)"I owed a magnificent day to the Bhagavad-Gita. It was the first of books; it was as if an empire spoke to us, nothing small or unworthy, but large, serene, consistent, the voice of an old intelligence which in another age and climate had pondered and thus disposed of the same questions which exercise us."
(6c) "The Bhagavad-Gita is an empire of thought and in its philosophical teachings Krishna has all the attributes of the full-fledged montheistic deity and at the same time the attributes of the Upanisadic absolute." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson -American Poet and Writer—May,25,1803 to April,27,1882)
(7) “Bhagavat Gita is the most beautiful, perhaps the only TRUE philosophical verses existing in any known tongue—perhaps the deepest and loftiest thing the World has to show” Wilhelm Von Humboldt” --Prussian Minister-Religion
European-American and Non-HINDU scholars on Hinduism
(1) Professor Robert Arnett , has lectured widely throughout America including the Smithsonian Institute and Harvard and Yale Universities. He has been interviewed on National Public Radio, Voice of America and various television programs. Arnett in his new book ' India Unveiled ' says:
(A)"Hinduism is greatly misunderstood in the West. Most occidentals do not realize that Hinduism is a monotheistic belief in only one God, who as Creator is beyond time, space and physical form. The entire pantheon of Hindu gods and goddesses are merely representations of different attributes of the One, Unmanifested Spirit. Hinduism created a different deity for each of God's numerous qualities to make God seem more real and approachable."
(B)Professor Robert Arnett=>" Hinduism is a very tolerant religion. It does not have claim exclusivity of the true God for only itself.'
©American Professor Robert Arnett=> “The Rig Veda, clearly states: "Though men call it by many names, it is really One."
"We Are All Hindus Now"
By Lisa Miller | NEWSWEEK-Published Aug 15, 2009
"The Rig Veda, the most ancient Hindu scripture, says this: 'Truth is One, but the sages speak of it by many names.' A Hindu believes there are many paths to God. Jesus is one way, the Qur'n is another, yoga practice is a third. None is better than any other; all are equal. The most traditional, conservative Christians have not been taught to think like this. They learn in Sunday school that their religion is true, and others are false. Jesus said, 'I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the father except through me.'"
(2) Professor Loriliai Biernacki,Professor of Religious Studies, University of Colarado at Boulder,(USA) –First published in “Washington Post” and reproduced in News India Times,August,6,2010-page -2
“As meme this spread of Hindu conceptual Tenets (Yoga-Karma-,Re-Incarnation) augurs a more healing and soulful Alternative to the mechanizations of our (American) lives, our bodies and our minds. It promises a relief from the heavy burden of a “Soulless” Capitalism”
(3) Professor Rev.Fr. Francis.X.Clooney,S.J..(Society of Jesuits)—Professr,Divinity School.Harvard University.
First published in www.Americanmagazine.org 24,July,2010—reproduced in News India Times,August,6,2010--page-3..
“While NOT getting Professor Biernacki’s point, we may rather ironically find that for many the JESUS of the CHURCH will remain a distant and Institutional Figure, while JESUS seen through HINDU eyes may be more powerful Spiritual Figure”.
(4) Professor R.Lamb,(Converted to Hinduism) Professor,University of Hawaii.(USA) first published in “Washington Post” ,reproduced in News India Times,August,13,2010-page-2.
“Significantly ,un-like my Christian Teachers, my Hindu Teachers did not tell me what I had to believe-what sectarian label I had to wear.—Instead they taught me various Religious practices that would help me to focus on finding the answers from ‘Within”.
(5) “The Hindu Genius is a love for abstraction and at the same time a passion for concrete image. It is abstract, realistic, intellectual, pedantic and sublime.--Dr.Octavio Paz—Mexican Nobel Laureate in Literature)
(6)”Vedhantha is the most impressive Metaphysics the Human mind has conceived”
(Prof,Alfred North Whitehead (British Mathematician and Philosopher)
(7) “We the Occident (Euro-Americans) are about to arrive at a cross road that was reached by the thinkers of Indian (Hindus) hundreds of years before CHRIST”
(Heinrich Zimmer—German Historian and Indologist)