How to get into computers??

Hey, I'm 19, and for my age am extremely technologically illiterate. I would like to get into computers/coding/programming, etc, but know NOTHING about it. For some background, I'm bad at typing (but I'm trying to get better), I've never owned my own computer (I've always had iPads, phones,... show more Hey, I'm 19, and for my age am extremely technologically illiterate. I would like to get into computers/coding/programming, etc, but know NOTHING about it. For some background, I'm bad at typing (but I'm trying to get better), I've never owned my own computer (I've always had iPads, phones, iPods, etc., and I do LOVE the IPad and find it more efficient than typing/surfing on a computer). However I'm hugely curious and fairly intelligent- I can talk for hours about Astronomy, Psychology, social sciences, a bit about quantum physics, metaphysics, philosophy, and I love studying and learning such things as I'm very good with abstract concepts (I seem to have more trouble with details and things like math and memorization). But the concept of writing code, programming, knowing how computers work, and even hacking, really intrigues me, and I know how valuable these skills are. Plus I'm an ENTP, and what ENTP doesn't know how to work with computers?? Haha. But I have no idea where to start!!!! Obviously I need a computer (desktop or laptop?) But what can I start reading about? C+, Python, Linux systems? Binary Code? Lol this is all alien to me! And is there anything I can start doing with an iPad (I know it's a closed system and you can't do much in terms of hardware/software)? Kind of like astrophysics or cars, I feel like once I understand the broad concepts, I'll be able to focus on the details. Any good books on the basics and theories about Computers? Any other advice? Thanks!
22 answers 22