First-time investing? CDs and Bonds?

Hey guys, So I'm looking to start investing my money. I'm about to turn 18 and don't have very much saved up. I was thinking a CD and Municipal Bonds. I'd use the stock market, but to me it just seems like a lot of complex number tracking that I don't want to deal with - even when I'm just... show more Hey guys,

So I'm looking to start investing my money. I'm about to turn 18 and don't have very much saved up. I was thinking a CD and Municipal Bonds. I'd use the stock market, but to me it just seems like a lot of complex number tracking that I don't want to deal with - even when I'm just looking for dividends. Not to mention I feel much better about getting a bond from a local or state government than I do about doing the same with a big corporation.
So if any of you guys have advice on what I should do / where to start I'd greatly appreciate a comment. Or if you don't like using CDs or Municipal Bonds tell me why, same goes for the inverse.

Thanks!
-Alex