Capricorn men?

I have a good friend who is a Capricorn. I'm a Virgo and we usually get along great. I think one night he was drunk and started making jokes about dating and sex blah blah. I thought nothing of it at first. Next time we talk again he made those jokes. I was telling him to stop. I finally called him on it and... show more I have a good friend who is a Capricorn. I'm a Virgo and we usually get along great. I think one night he was drunk and started making jokes about dating and sex blah blah. I thought nothing of it at first. Next time we talk again he made those jokes. I was telling him to stop. I finally called him on it and said well if this happens then maybe you should take me out on date. He kind of paused and said date no but drinks. Things were ok but I noticed he became distant. Now he doesn't talk to me. Doesn't respond to my texts. WTF?! I honestly just need him to be my friend and nothing more. I wonder if I should talk to him about it or let it go and wait for him to get in touch with me maybe one day. I really find this strange.
Update: I've known him for 15 years and this is not a behavior I have ever experienced from him.