My friend s pc is beeping weirdly what do I do?

So my friend just told me that his pc is beeping weirdly. What should I do about it?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 years ago
    Best answer

hey people,

it's me, the person who was having the pc beep continuously.

it's fine now, all i did was unplug my speakers, and it hasn't beeped since.

if it comes back i'll tell you...

thanks for trynna help

bye!

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

Maybe it likes you. You should ask it out.

• 2 years ago

Look up the start up beep codes for his computer. There is no standard so go to the support site for his rig. Now apply the beep sequence that he is getting to the chart to determine the cause of the problem. Come back here for suggestions on going further. Tell us the model and make.

• bubba
    Lv 6
    2 years ago

Turn it off before it blows

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 years ago

If it beeps continuously or in a repeating pattern when your friend tries to boot the PC, then this is normally indicative of a serious fault detected by the POST (Power On Self Test). This can happen if a critical component in the computer is not working. For example, one pattern will indicate that the main memory is missing. Another pattern will indicate that there is no working video output (so it cannot display any error messages).

You need to find out what the particular beep pattern means. As neither the actual beep pattern or the make and model of the computer have been included in the question, then you will have to investigate the problems yourselves. Sometimes the BIOS/POST manufacturer will list error beep codes in their web site.

I hope this helps.

• 2 years ago

try to reset the computer fully. If you need to keep the storage then keep it.

• 2 years ago
    • KittyCat2 years agoReport

FIERCEDINO080 is the one with the beeping problem.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.