Is it safe to leave a computer at a website every night instead of signing off?

I punch in every morning at my desk, as opposed to the usual card-swipe machines that employees share when punching in. In order to do so, I have to go to the company's website, put in my user name (e-mail) and password, and then punch in. Of course, this can sometimes be time-consuming if my computer is... show more I punch in every morning at my desk, as opposed to the usual card-swipe machines that employees share when punching in. In order to do so, I have to go to the company's website, put in my user name (e-mail) and password, and then punch in. Of course, this can sometimes be time-consuming if my computer is acting up, which is not good if I'm running late and barely make it on time. Therefore, would I be doing any harm to my computer by just leaving it at the company's website (log-in screen)
Update: Naturally before I leave, I would put my computer in "sleep" mode so no one could see what's on my screen.