Why is it the tax reform bill can include health care coverage reform?

What I mean is: Since the republicans failed to pass their health care reform bill it seems as if they are using the tax reform bill to put through some portion of their health care they couldn't before. Taxes are taxes. Health care is healthcare. It's probably the wrong term, but to me it's like the antitrust laws in business law. My question is technical, not political. I just want to know why it's apparently legal to combine the two, since no one in the government has brought this aspect up. Thanks, M

7 Answers

Relevance
  • lare
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

only a conservative can understand Alternative logic. they will pass a 'reform' bill that is gooey with 'pork barrel'.

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

You have to work hard for health care, what do you think? You just get it for free. You get a tax break use it to buy a tv or get healthy, no more free everything.

• Jeff S
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

Republicans always hide their misdeeds to blame Democrats later for them!

Ever hear of the bridge to nowhere?

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

We are getting rid of the fine/tax the punishes those that cannot afford justify Obama Care coverage with high deductibles. The are told they have to buy coverage for $15,000 with a $6000 deductible. That $21,000 is a third of their gross income and closer to 1/2 of their after tax income.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    3 years ago

The Mandate will be gone

• edubya
    Lv 5
    3 years ago

Single Payer Flat Tax. How hard does need to be?

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

Because the Supreme Court stated it was a tax.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.