I have got a Saturday detention for missing a regular detention, but I still have to serve the first detention IS THIS FAIR ?

last Tuesday I had an after school detention for bad behavouir it lasts for 1 hour and a half hours, as I am 15 I had MUCH better things to do then sitting in detention so I didn't go.

the next day my head of year told me that as I missed a detention I would be going in to a FULL Saturday detention, this last for 4 hours we have to turn up in FULL school uniform , sit at our desks in TOTAL silence and write a 6 page essay on why we are being punished.

MY COMPLAINT , I have just found out that tomorrow ( FRIDAY ) that I still have to serve my original detention , this lasts for 1 hour 45 minutes, my head of year said the Saturday detention was a punishment for missing the original detention, but I still MUST serve the original detention as this was a punishment for bad behavouir IS THIS FAIR ?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • Zol
    Lv 7
    2 years ago
    Best answer

Detention is like short term prison. It's punishing you by denying you your freedom. It's a way of bullying you into doing what they want you to do. You're supposed to think it's easier for you if you do what they want first time.

It's fair if you accept their authority to treat you thins way. If you don't accept it you have the right to an appeal. You also have the right to go to another school (but that would depend on your parents' approval & the other school accepting you).

If you want to challenge the school authorities you could use phrases like bullying me from a position of power teaches me bullies get their own way. You could say bullying me like this makes me fear you, but not support you. You could say bullying you gets results, but not respect, respect has to b earned.

Playing Devils Advocate is a good way of deciding if your treatment is unfair. What reasons would they give to justify doing this to you? Are they right to do what they did?

You could suggest they talk with you & listen to you. maybe you have a valid point. I don't know. How was your behaviour bad? Who was it bad to? Who suffered as a result of it? What would happen if everyone behaved the same way? Would you like to be in a school where behaviour like yours went unchecked?

If you feel this treatment is unfair you could raise it with your school council. And with your parents. If you have enough support you can challenge the ruling.

• mary2 years agoReport

its NOT prison I am normally a good student this is only the 3rd time I have ever got detention my question is do you think it is unfair I should be punished twice ?

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

Ask your parents to release the detention

• Jay P
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

It is fair in my opinion. Now suck it up and do your time...

• F
    Lv 6
    2 years ago

Boo Hoo. Grow up.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 years ago

Yeah its tough.but there has to be a consequence that you cannot weather to ensure you don't behave badly again.

• 2 years ago

There must be dozens of you serving Saturday detentions because you failed to go to the Friday detentions, because an awful lot of questions get asked about it.

Oddly, they must all cut&paste their questions too.

• Diva Dame
      Lv 5
      2 years agoReport

This poster has multiple profiles and has been cutting and pasting the same lame spam for the last 5 years. Probably not a teenager but some 40 year old pervert with a B&D fetish.

• Greg
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

That you think you have better things to do at 15 than learn to behave, speaks volumes about the immature decision skills that a typical 15-year old has. Yes it is beyond fair.

• Edward
    Lv 6
    2 years ago

You still here, imbecile?

• 2 years ago

Dude, just serve your time. You messed up.

• Anna
      Lv 5
      2 years agoReport

When your mother drops you off walk out of school and go and see your friends until the Saturday detention is over then go home.

• drip
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

Yes. Two different punishments for two different infractions.

• audrey
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

Of course it's fair. You did both crimes, now you gotta do both times.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.