Is the only way people can upload youtube videos now depend on them being supported financially?

i just watched a video before from someone im subscribed to on youtube, and he said in the video details,' please support me by donating so i can continue to make videos' and it made me worry, because i mainly subscribe to small obscure channels, i do not follow anything considered popular, trending or... show more i just watched a video before from someone im subscribed to on youtube, and he said in the video details,' please support me by donating so i can continue to make videos'

and it made me worry, because i mainly subscribe to small obscure channels, i do not follow anything considered popular, trending or mainstream, - i hate them.

and i learned recently about youtubes changes in policy about taking away monotization and support of small channels, not well known that don't have a big following....and i worried what will happen to smaller -non mainstream- channels i like to follow?

won't these small channels have the ability to make videos anymore? will they be deleted from youtube?

is the only way that these channels can stay on youtube is if they are supported financially from other users?

i am a small channel myself, and dont upload videos, i joined in 2007, and uploaded 2 videos in 2013, which haven't had many views, maybe a hundred views, and i only have 9 subscribers...and i mainly follow other obscure channels who make video reviews of old computer games for the amstrad, c64 and spectrum from the 1980's. thats my interest.

im not interested in anything mainstream, modern entertainment or anything corporate now.

and i worried will ' i ' and other small channels like me be able to remain on youtube and do what we do? because of these changes in youtube policy?
Update: and has it got to the stage where the only way people & small channels- can make videos is if they are supported financially by other users?

it never used to be like that in 2005 when youtube launched, anyone could easily make a video.