Is there any way to tell if this site is fake?

There is a dress I really want from it but it looks quite dodgy.

http://www.cashmereaffair.co.uk/

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 years ago
    Best answer

Fake.

Major clues:

1) The only contact address is a hotmail address with a different company name.

2) No physical address.

3) No VAT number.

4) Fake copyright message, relating to a different company: called "Nike Cheap"

5) Domain name is registered to a private house in Chalfont St Peter, Buckinghamshire.

6) The listed payment options include the Solo card, which was discontinued in 2011.

7) The companies house entry states the business was based in Huddersfield and is no longer trading.

• 2 years ago

A search

• 2 years ago

The site does not appear to comply with English / European law, so I would not trust it.

Under the e-commerce regulations, web sites are legally required to show a geographic business address. That does not and the footer names a different site (to do with nike) that is probably also a scam..

The "no address" thing is typical of scammers, they can send counterfeits or nothing at all then vanish.

The domain is registered in England according to Nominet - it's a person in Chalfont St Peter, Buckinghamshire - so they are required by English law to give the full address and contact info.

• Ron75
    Lv 6
    2 years ago

Do a search on that site and company and that should give you some information.

Ron

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 years ago

it looks fake to me

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.