PC randomly restarts without warning?

So recently my PC has started restarting itself without any warning whatsoever and then turns on and acts like nothing happened.

I am aware that I am running 2 monitors (720p) and a Razer keyboard and mouse on a mere 180w PSU so at the moment I believe this is the problem but could anything else be contributing to this?

WIthout more information all anyone can do is guess.

That said, 180W for a power supply seems awfully weak considering that some video cards need 200-300W just by themselves. Running 2 monitors doesn't affect your power supply, though. At least, not directly.

Otherwise like everyone else said the problem could be hardware or software.

Hardware - Your system is overheating due to malfunctioning fans or something came loose, or excessive amounts of dust inside the computer. You'll have to open the computer to clean it out, check that the fans are still working, etc. Fans should be able to turn easily. If they don't or don't turn at all, replace them.

Software - Windows 10 will reboot your computer to install updates. Go into Windows Updater to change this behavior. Your Anti-Virus program may also cause reboots to install its own updates. Go into the settings of your antivirus program to change this behavior. Otherwise your computer may be encountering errors - check the Event Log for possible leads on that.

Thr problem is that weak PSU, you need at least a 700W.

My computer used to start when ever i hit a key on my keyboard. Maybe you have the same problem?

• Fulano

You can use the Windows event viewer to see if there are errors causing the restarts. I'd have to Google how, but I'd start looking there.

If you're getting your CPU hot enough to trigger a shutdown that's probably your problem blow your CPU out of all dirt and leave the side of your computer off and blow air into it with a fan or if it's a laptop blow the port's out with short bursts of air and set it on top of box fan and see if it shuts down with the additional Cooling

• art

are you using windows 10 perhaps- you problem might lie there

Look no further!

I knew someone whose Windows Vista would download updates and restart without warning, even if she was in the middle of something.

Check your scheduled task,s

it could be something simple like your anti virus system

needs to restart to up-date so check all the settings on there,

it is just a matter of finding what is doing it.

so, you will have to work through everything methodically

and logically.

.

Probably all the power supply being inadequate.