How do I go about this?

I have a small video (approx 700mb) on a CD-R, but I don't want to keep that video on CD-R., but would like to transfer the information off the CD-R onto a DVD-R.

You're probably thinking I should have burned the video to DVD-R in the 1st place, but I kept getting error messages.

So, can I transfer the video from the CD-R onto a DVD-R?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 years ago
    Best answer

You are correct. 700 millibits (mb) is a small video file. You meant 700 MegaBytes (MB). Units matter.

Read the file into a Windows PC. I assume it is simply stored as a data file on the CD. Then use a DVD mastering package to create your DVD. Here is a site with a few examples:

http://www.winsite.com/freeware/freeware+dvd+maste...

Try a Google search for "DVD mastering software".

I hope this helps.

• Lv 7
    2 years ago

sure, it's just a computer file.

however, if you want it to play in a DVD player, you need to use special software to master the DVD.

• 2 years ago

Is your intention to make a DVD-Video disc that can play in most DVD players?

• Harry
    Lv 4
    2 years ago

You should be able to pull the video off the disk if it's just an avi or mkv or other plain old single video file onto your computer. From there you should be able to burn that file onto the DVD.

If it's not just a regular file and you've burnt an actual DVD type you'll need to use a tool like MakeMKV to combine the files and Handbreak to render it down to a more manageable size.

You didn't specify what kind of error you were getting, it's possible that (depending on the age of your machine) you only have a CD writer in your computer and not a DVD writer, at which point you could consider borrowing a friends machine or upgrading yours to have one. There are also external DVD writers you can get which are just USB based.

Hope it helps.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Dave
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

What format is it in?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.