joe asked in HealthMental Health · 2 years ago

How did your life change after your mother passed away?

• GEEGEE

She lived with me for 5 years after my father died. She had Parkinson's disease so she needed a lot of care. So my life became very different when she died last Easter. Easier in many ways but much emptier.

Well my mother is still here. And i don't think i would grieve at all. She hates me and she shows it everyday. She always has since i was a kid

Dramatically.. I've needed & still need my mum every day of my life. Life can be so cruel :(

• sista c2 years agoReport

Call on Jesus...he will show you amazing things... like you and your mum lol. Trust Him for He Is The Faithful One. At first my sis couldn't experience mum cuz she was too angry... Call on Jesus... He is the lover of our SOULS!

Not Mom-Dad. And I got to realize some of the stuff he tried to interpose to me as truth-as much as I HAted to admit to it at the time he was alive.

• Nick

My mom is still here. For her when my grandmom died, her life didn't change. Life goes on no matter what.

• Lv 7
      2 years agoReport

thats just sad..

Hopefully she won't pass away no time soon. She's only in her mid 40s

My Mother is still very much full of beans at 89 years, and has outlast most of her old friends and family members. Always been a very strong personality so she will leave a big empty place in our hearts if she passes before us. It is a very real possibility that one or more of us may pass well before she does. I have teased her about "the good dying young" so she must have been very bad! (I feel certain she has said that to a friend also ... so don't think it was disrespectful). My Father passed away far too young at 69 following a very long, debilitating illness; took a very long time to get over.

My mom is still alive

• Nicole

the day after she passed away i grieved for awhile then it got better

• M.
      2 years agoReport

It sounds like you weren't close to your mother Nicole. A shame.

Too long a story for here. I actually grieved my mom six months before she died. She had Alzheimer’s and didn’t know who I was for her last few years. But when she died I felt a weird liberation. I think I had been waiting my whole life for my parents to die to let out a breath and be free. I felt lonely for the first time in my life and it was wonderful. My emotions became stronger and I had more confidence in myself. All the stuff my mom always suppressed in me. There is a lot more but you get the idea. I don’t miss her because she was such an overwhelming personality that she is still with me in spirit.