joe asked in HealthMental Health · 3 years ago

How did your life change after your mother passed away?

44 Answers

Relevance
  • GEEGEE
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

She lived with me for 5 years after my father died. She had Parkinson's disease so she needed a lot of care. So my life became very different when she died last Easter. Easier in many ways but much emptier.

• 3 years ago

Well my mother is still here. And i don't think i would grieve at all. She hates me and she shows it everyday. She always has since i was a kid

• 3 years ago

Dramatically.. I've needed & still need my mum every day of my life. Life can be so cruel :(

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

Not Mom-Dad. And I got to realize some of the stuff he tried to interpose to me as truth-as much as I HAted to admit to it at the time he was alive.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Nathan
    Lv 6
    3 years ago

My mom is still here. For her when my grandmom died, her life didn't change. Life goes on no matter what.

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

Hopefully she won't pass away no time soon. She's only in her mid 40s

• 3 years ago

My Mother is still very much full of beans at 89 years, and has outlast most of her old friends and family members. Always been a very strong personality so she will leave a big empty place in our hearts if she passes before us. It is a very real possibility that one or more of us may pass well before she does. I have teased her about "the good dying young" so she must have been very bad! (I feel certain she has said that to a friend also ... so don't think it was disrespectful). My Father passed away far too young at 69 following a very long, debilitating illness; took a very long time to get over.

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

My mom is still alive

• Nicole
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

the day after she passed away i grieved for awhile then it got better

• 3 years ago

Too long a story for here. I actually grieved my mom six months before she died. She had Alzheimer’s and didn’t know who I was for her last few years. But when she died I felt a weird liberation. I think I had been waiting my whole life for my parents to die to let out a breath and be free. I felt lonely for the first time in my life and it was wonderful. My emotions became stronger and I had more confidence in myself. All the stuff my mom always suppressed in me. There is a lot more but you get the idea. I don’t miss her because she was such an overwhelming personality that she is still with me in spirit.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.