Ebay and Paypal are completely UNSAFE. My card info might get stolen?

Im trying to sell items and made an Ebay account. Was confused as to why I got no email notification for everything I was doing with ebay. Turns out I entered my email address incorrectly. I also registered with Paypal and entered my debit card info. I downloaded the app and tried signing in, it said my email was... show more Im trying to sell items and made an Ebay account. Was confused as to why I got no email notification for everything I was doing with ebay. Turns out I entered my email address incorrectly.

I also registered with Paypal and entered my debit card info. I downloaded the app and tried signing in, it said my email was not in the system.

Panicked, I go to my email to check for PayPal notifications. I dont see any. That could only mean that i entered my email address incorrectly and Im FREAKING out because I had entered my card info.

Why is making an account acceptable if the email is invalid???? Especially on websites that deal with money??? Club penguin was more secure than this! If my email was inorrect, it should have said that it was an invalid email and make me renentee before finalizing an account. Which it didnt. It let me complete the account making process when the email was incorrect.

But what could be scarier is if I actually did enter a correct email address for Paypal, but it just wasnt mine. Now someone has my card info and I cant have that. I have no clue what email i might have entered for the Paypal to sign in and delete the account. Im really, seriously panicking, and bordeline having a panick attack. What do I do?? Is my card info safe??