Alesha
Alesha asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 3 years ago

Once you've been voted "best answer" by the asker can a "trusted member" come along and delete your answer?

It's happened to me several times. Sometimes weeks later.

a short time ago..........it was all but advertised on the boards, that there's a new trick in town........and you need a dozen good sock puppets to pull it off.

Needless to say, those with a dozen sock puppets, were extremely keen to learn this new trick........which can virtually take down and REMOVE anything they want.

I don't mean simply reporting.........I mean, triggering AUTOMATIC removal software.......where you don't even receive a violation notice........which takes like 2 or 3 reports.

No, this is different.......this is using multiple socks, and probably having many Windows open at once, and rapidly firing off, multiple reports at once...............which triggers a Whole other automatic deletion trip wire, .....because Yahoo sees it as "many members" all reporting the same thing at once........which they interpet as obviously something so foul and insidious.........that it MUST be a violation..........and they just AUTOMATICALLY delete it..........no questions asked, no violation notice sent, no chance to APPEAL.

It's a nifty trick.......but you need multiple sock puppets and absolutely NO LIFE to pull it off...........as my stalker frequently does to my content.

Questions, where I KNOW I've answered...........BEST answers, because I get the BA notifications......but when I check........my answer is gone, and there is NO BA awarded.

because my answer was simply obliterated.....without a trace. It's happening a lot lately.

Clearly, the trolls are spreading the secret among the troll community here.

Yes, it happens all the time

Yes a BA can be reported and removed.

• Daniel

Yep getting the Best Answer does not Protect it from being able to get Reported and Deleted

Of course. You have the same chance of being reported and deleted as before the BA. No special protection is given just because the asker liked your answer best.

Yes, they can. It has happened to me before. But after I won my appeal I was not the best answer. But the asker of the question awarded me best answer again and I got double the points out of it.

Possibly so

• ?

Yes, happens all the time now.

Not that I have heard or thought of before, so I never heard about it happening, there are guidelines as to what they count as an answer and what doesn't. Like say if somebody like me, would reply back and say "hey do you want to have a chat?" Well it would be a question, but still some3body will look at it is not an answer. But you have asked a good question that I have not thought about before.