Help asked in HealthMental Health · 3 years ago

I sometimes feel a small lump in my left breast and afraid to go to the doctor, what can I do?

Hi, I am a 50 year mom. I have been worried and can't sleep. In 2016 I had my mammogram and the results came back as suspicious activity on my left breast. Imagine waiting for the doctor to setup an appointment for an biopsy. I waited and waited and no on never called(I called too, but no one would ever answer the phone, I even left messages). After I kinda forgot, someone called to setup an appointment and I was mad because they forgot about me. Anyway I got back scared again and told them I will follow up with another doctor. I never did. Now it's 2018 and I feel a tiny lump in my left breast and my back, shoulder hurts. I was given some pain pills because a doctor said it's because I am a bus driver, but I never said anything about my breast. Now my back, side of my neck, and shoulder is hurting and I am afraid to go to the doctor, It could be nothing but I can't talk to someone. One day I might feel a tiny lump, while the next week it's nothing there. I am paranoid!

I would enjoy this summer because you won't see another.

• Edna

If you felt this "lump" in 2016 and never received any treatment, if it was cancerous you would be VERY sick by now, and the lump would have grown from the inside of your breast and it would be growing through the skin on the outside of your breast.

If you're able to feel a lump one week and then not feel it the next week, it's not cancer. Cancer lumps don't come and go.

For heavens sake GO to the doctor. If you are so worried and can't sleep why wait, worry and wonder?!

Demand an appointment.

• ?

You need to go to the doctor. As an adult, you are being extremely irresponsible by refusing to see a doctor. Fear should not hold you back. If caught early, most cancers are treatable (with radiation and chemotherapy). However, if you wait until the mass is larger, or has a chance become metastatic (spread to other organs) then you are making the situation so much worse with this delay. What's worse? Finding a tiny lump and having it biopsied immediately or being told that you have stage 4, terminal breast cancer? I know what i would choose. Seriously, stop being paranoid and get your butt to the doctor for the mammogram..

• 1465

If you suspect the worst, why do you keep putting it off? If what you're thinking is true, it will never go away on its own - every day you hold back is another day for it to get worse. As stated in another reply, it could be cured in an early stage, but not in a late stage - how long do you think you can remain in such an early stage that you don't think it's serious enough to go to the doctor? Which day in the future will it go from a treatable stage to a non-treatable stage?

You're walking a thin line.

It may not be anything at all - at this point in time. But who knows what tomorrow will bring?

Remember when you were a kid and did something wrong - and your mom would say, "wait 'til your dad gets home!"? Remember how the hours of anticipating the punishment turned out to be worse than the punishment itself?

You're agonizing over the anticipation of what *might* be wrong. If you go have it checked, you'll at least *know* one way or another, and not have to antagonize over the anticipation any longer.

• LAN

You could learn to to tell less obvious lies in a desperate bid for attention. If you have had it for 2 years and aren't dead then it obviously isn't cancer. Invent some other drama to worry about or just see an actual doctor.

The earlier u detect cancer the more successful tratment will be. Stage one is curable, stage 4 isnt. My husband's ex wife had breast cancer in her late 40, she got treatmne, now she is approaching 60 and she is fine. Do not stall, go

Hi so go see the doctor it might be nothing

• Tavy

You know you have to see a Doctor, it could be a harmless cyst.

Go to a doctor.Trust me,it's not worth taking the risk