I have taken a total of 34 credits so far and my GPA is at a 1.882. How many classes do I need to receive an A in to bring it to a 2.0?

Okay so I need a 2.0 GPA in order to qualify for financial aid, but right now I am under it, so I just want to know about how many classes will I need to bring it up to a 2.0. Basically I was thinking to take an English class which is 3 credits and I know I will get an A in that class. If I do where will my GPA be after that? Would I need two 3 credit classes? just 1? My goal is to bring my GPA up to a 2.0 with the least classes I can since I will have to get a loan for those. I know I screwed up but I m changing majors and I m determined this time. Thank you so much anyone who can help. I really appreciate it.

• Squid

2 credits or more with an A would do it.

Two credits at 4.0, and if you have any other classes they must be 2.0 average.

Average is points/credits, Current is 64 / 34 = 1.8823

So you need 4 more points, 2 credits, 72 / 36 = 2.0

Any other credits need to average 2.0

A 3 credit English class would be 37 credits, you need 74 points, you have 64, so 10 / 3 = 3.333, you got to get an A- or better, a B+ gets 3.3, you would get 73.9 points, 73.9 / 37 = 1.997