Help asked in HealthMental Health · 2 years ago

What is suspicious of cancer?

Hi everyone, I am a 50 year old who had my yearly mammogram exam. Yesterday I was told my mammogram came back as suspicious of cancer in my left breast(lump in my left breast}. I can't eat or sleep. I am horrified. I don't know what to do. My body is numb and I keep thinking the worst. I have another appointment for them to take a closer look. I know someone have been thru this and I want to hear your version and what happen. I am single and just purchased a home. I have a son who is living with me 21 years old and he started crying and crying. I had to tell him and I also needed someone to talk too. I feel especially bad because if its the worst I am thinking about my health, my son, family, and my home I just purchased. Please someone help me.

• Tavy

I am surprised they mentioned cancer when most lumps are harmless. They would not have mentioned the C word in the UK. Until you had further tests.

If it is, I do know that the treatment works. I have 3 friends here in the U.K. who were diagnosed 20 and 10 years ago. With radiotherapy they have been in remission ever since.

Breast cancer is not the killer it used to be.

Good Luck.

• LAN

It means you are a drama seeking idiot since they don't say that, especially over the phone.

Of course you are thinking the worst. But what if it is NOT the worst? What if it is a stage 1 and completely treatable. My father's breast cancer was a stage 3, and that was 25 YEARS ago. So don't be so "Doom and Gloom" by putting the cart before the horse. One day at a time....one problem at a time. Your son should not bring you down.

You should think positive.

Source(s): Breast Cancer survivor and one of many.

Suspicious means it could just be a mark on your breast. Most people who are recalled are clear on the second go. Had my breast cancer seven years ago.

• Andy C

Your story doesn't sound believable.

If you required help for this, you are 50yo and know how to find a support group. If you were 50yo, you would have "friends" bc there was no internet when you were a child.

It seems completely unreasonable that a 50yo would come here, first, asking for help.