Juliette asked in SportsGolf · 2 years ago

I didn’t make the golf team at my school. I play golf for 1.) the enjoyment and 2.) to get into college.?

I had the lowest scores out of all of the girls trying out. I don’t want to wait until next year to try out and I want to get involved with competitive golf and golf groups out of school. Is this good for college?

Have you been able to play any yet? Still taking lessons?

Get A USGA Index and play in amateur qualifying tournaments. You can use a low index and qualifying rounds to earn your way on to a college team if you're good enough.

• ?

First I think it's very unlikely that you had the lowest scores of all the girls trying out ( I assume you mean in qualifying, if not please clarify) and still did not make the team, Second, you can look into going to a Junior or Community College, and if they have a team try out for it.

• Unless you plan on playing golf in college (on your university's team) there's no help in playing beyond love of the game.

I think its good for college

• ?

there's always community college. they may also have their own golf teams too. unless you want a college scholarship based on golf, that is very difficult to do. otherwise, there are plenty of options out there if your college of choice doesn't accept you the first time around. go to a community college, get an associates degree in your field in two years (could be less depending how hard you work), then transfer to your school of choice and finish your bachelor's. you'll have a better chance since you'll already have taken college level courses, and if you have a good GPA, that'll also help. plus you'll save a ton of money in tuition if you go to a CC, along with staying at home to save on room and board.