When I "turn off WiFi" on my iphone by sliding up it just makes it so im not connected to the same wifi anymore, but keeps wifi on.?

When I "turn off WiFi" on my iphone by sliding up it just makes it so im not connected to the same wifi anymore, but keeps wifi on. in order to really turn it off I have to go into my settings and then into wifi and then the slider. Is there a way to set it back to how it was before they did that to the... show more When I "turn off WiFi" on my iphone by sliding up it just makes it so im not connected to the same wifi anymore, but keeps wifi on. in order to really turn it off I have to go into my settings and then into wifi and then the slider.

Is there a way to set it back to how it was before they did that to the wifi button?

I dont really benefit from having my wifi on or my bluetooth for that matter cuz it drains my battery but when im at home ill use it, turn it on, and then either just disconnect but leave bluetooth on, or go into the settings etc. its a hassle.