Is there any way to get wi-fi that doesnt require cabling or telephone wiring?

I moved into a new apartment. When my internet installation guy came he said there was no way to install internet since my unit didnt have the proper cable ports. At some point the complex completely plastered over where they were running the wiring before. So I can't get proper wi-fi without having work done... show more I moved into a new apartment. When my internet installation guy came he said there was no way to install internet since my unit didnt have the proper cable ports. At some point the complex completely plastered over where they were running the wiring before. So I can't get proper wi-fi without having work done on the unit, which requires owner and property management approval and action since most internet companies now require the complex to provide the cabling. I am livid. So far my research has pointed to home hot spot data plans for internet but they are (a. Much, much slower and (b. Much more expensive. Any of you tech extraordinaires know of better way to get around this? I'm in the dallas, TX area.