Why do so many young women get these tattoos?

Update:

To me, to taint their god given bodies with ink is dishonorable and indignant. I know that modern women are on a more equal basis with men, and I encourage that, but why would a strong woman taint her beautiful, smooth skin and mark herself for life? It's just gross. Not many people want to see a woman with tattooed arms. I mean, what are you trying to tell people? It's the wrong way to try to tell people things about yourself.

40 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 year ago
    Best answer

I wonder myself and do not understand why somebody can decide to damage perfectly smooth, healthy skin for some silly, frivolous reason. People know this is for life and still doing it. Only explanation is 'monkey see, monkey do.'

• Mystic
      Lv 5
      1 year agoReport

permanent. You CAN have them removed. Tattoo removal is often more painful, more time consuming and more expensive than getting an actual tattoo though, so it should only be done if absolutely necessary.

• 1 year ago

young women use tattoos for creat another looking And smart

• Because they want to, that's why.

• 1 year ago

Beats me.

They do nothing positive for a females appearance.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 year ago

Get what tattoos?

• 1 year ago

It takes a certain brand of confidence to walk into a tattoo shop and ask to be inked with something ― anything at all, to be honest. A 2011 study found that both men and women, after getting a tattoo, had “significantly lower appearance anxiety … and significantly higher body appreciation, distinctive appearance investment, self-ascribed uniqueness, and self-esteem.”

• 1 year ago

For attention and finding love.

• Mystic
      Lv 5
      1 year agoReport

How stupid can you possibly be? People don't get tattoos for "attention" or to "find love". Many attention-seekers do not have body modifications. Love is for EVERYONE - with or without body modifications.

• 1 year ago

For show off

• Mystic
      Lv 5
      1 year agoReport

I think you meant "to" show off. Either way, you're wrong.

• Mystic
    Lv 5
    1 year ago

"These tattoos"? What specific tattoos are you speaking of? Shouldn't you have asked, "Why do so many young women get tattoos?". Besides, why is this any of your concern? Tattoos are for anyone who is 18 or older. If you are not yet 18, you have to be careful - you'll need to your parent's permission as long as you're getting an acceptable tattoo and aren't SUPER young (example - a 16 year old can usually get a common tattoo in a normal location with parental consent).

Tattoos and piercings are forms of body art and self expression. They are not "trashy", although, yes some tattoos are ugly and even pointless. They do not automatically make a person bad, scary, low-class or any other pointless insult that gets tossed around. People with tattoos (or piercings) also do not ALWAYS automatically have "low self-esteem/confidence" or mental health problems. Mental health issues do not go by whether you have body modifications or not. MANY people have them - with and without body modifications. Same goes for low self-esteem/confidence - many people with and without body modifications struggle with that. As*holes like you who bully/judge them do not help that btw.

Tattoos (and even piercings) also DO NOT severely impact your employment future. MANY jobs allow body modifications. Many body modifications can also be removed or covered during work if necessary. If a person would not want to date you or be your friend because you have a body modification, you should honestly be GLAD for that. Why? Because that person is a total LOSER. You are WAY better off without such a miserable, close-minded, judgmental individual. A TRUE friend would not give two sh*ts. A partner who truly cares and loves you would know true love means loving and accepting your partner ENTIRELY for their REAL SELF.

People get tattoos for MANY reasons, none of which are YOUR business. It is not your body, therefore, it is not your choice. You have no place judging others just such petty reasons. Learn to be more accepting of others, No one likes a judgmental jerk.

• 1 year ago

Agree , I feel like it's a right of passage I feel like some girls or people in general view tattoos as a work of art and find it beautiful there's lots of reasons but yes I do think that a feather or a butterfly is pretty and I want them all over my house I love having the art of butterflies and feathers and flowers on my wall . I think those are beautiful types of paintings I'm very much into the Moroccan style , but I wouldn't put that on my body because over time it turns green as you age and it becomes too busy on your body and the point is not to look around at the busyness it's that even with that you still come through . I learned in fashion class in high school what color and style works best on you is the one that doesn't overpower you . If it's gorgeous but you're still the focal point not the item then that's the dress or outfit and a lot of times that's not the case with the tattoo. But some don't get that.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.