If Jesus is God why did he say his Father is greater than him?

(John 14:28) Ye heard how I said to you, I go away, and I come unto you. If ye loved me, ye would have rejoiced, because I go unto the Father: for the Father is greater than I.

He isn't God, of course. Far too many scriptures contradict the heresy of the Trinity. The Trinity has only the weight of tradition going for it.

to show respect as we should

• viola

Because Jesus Father is greater than Jesus, God’s son.

My hand is me, but, I am greater than my hand. Jesus/God works exactly the same way.

To qualify a human Saviour, Jesus had to live a righteous human life - i.e. a life in perfect subjection to God. The Holy Spirit points us to Jesus. Jesus reconciles us to the Father.

Jesus: Both human and God, "Son of man".

• Mike

Jesus was the Son of God, not God.

In that dimension where Jesus Christ is now, God/Jesus Christ is greater because He is not bound by the rules He placed on Himself while in the flesh. He did everything He has asked us to do and He is the only One who did it all perfectly. (Hebrews 2:14-18 KJV). He was born through the amniotic sac of water through woman, (John 3:5 KJV), was tested by satan, and overcame all the power of the enemy, satan, for our sakes. The rules He placed on Himself while in the flesh, are the rules that He expects us to live by. He did not abuse His power, though He was able to. He did not override the wills of any souls, even of those who allowed satan to work through them to reject Him, seek false witnesses, (Matthew 26:59-60 KJV) and pre-meditatively murder Him at the cross. God's Law is against false witnesses and God's Law is against pre-meditated murder, both of those are explained in Deuteronomy 19 KJV, as well as in Exodus 20:16 KJV and Exodus 20:13 KJV in His Commandments. He did not violate any soul's will when He did use His power in love for healing and all had to ask and have faith that He keeps His promises.

However, when He returns in His rightful, and thoroughly earned, position of Judge of Souls, He will pour out that cup of wrath on the wicked.

2 Peter 3:9 KJV The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noz8hc8u7Xc

Youtube thumbnail

• Sean

The Word, part of the triumvirate God, lowered himself to be lower than the angels. He is speaking from this tense, as a man lower than God the Father. Make sense?

Lol not to disrespect Christ and his followers but I believe in allah, am Muslim and we believe Jesus is a prophet not a god, y’all just took him wrong , if he was god why would he have a father in first place???? And he died????