Who here has acid reflux/dilent reflux, and what have you done to make it go away pls help?

Went to see a ENT and he diagnosed me with silent reflux . I have been so upset and anxious as i sing and i am about to start a career in singing. How do u heal the reflux fast? Any advice? Btw yes the doctor gave me a paper on foods to cut out and he prescribed medication but i read online that the meds ppl take for reflux are dangerous ! So yeah i need advice thanks

OOPS i meant to put silent reflux*

• Tavy

I have taken PPI for many years, it cures it. Forget what you have read, these days you read risks about everything, all they do is frighten people. I take Lansoprazole. every day. If it gets too bad i take Gaviscon as well.

I'm on PPI (Proton Pump Inhibitors) Lansoprazole.

They are not dangerous. But recent studies have show that they may increase your risk of getting bugs since you have less stomach acid.

They also have been known to effect bone density (osteoporosis), I take Vitamin D and Calcium supplements, not sure how effective this will be, but at least it's something to try to counteract this effect.

But, if you don't want to go on a PPI, try anti acid stuff, I use Gaviscon Advance.

Might also help to lower the amounts of Caffeine you consume, and eat stuff that will use up the acid in your stomach. If you don't eat properly, it can really effect acid reflux. Oats are really good.

The absolute best advice I can give you, sleep on your left side. I used to wake up with Indigestion, Heartburn and the back of my throat burning sore throat. Sleeping on your left side lowers the chance of stomach acid leaking out of the stomach.