How long should it take a home insurance company to pay an water damage restoration company for emergency service?

How long should it take my home insurance company to pay a water damage restoration company for 5 days of emergency service in late August? The invoice for clean up and tear down (which is apparently justified) is $15,000 and was sent to the insurance company for a kitchen flood immediately after the work was... show more How long should it take my home insurance company to pay a water damage restoration company for 5 days of emergency service in late August? The invoice for clean up and tear down (which is apparently justified) is $15,000 and was sent to the insurance company for a kitchen flood immediately after the work was performed. It has not yet been paid. I have not paid anything -- they were hired on an assignment of benefits, and I had to bring them in immediately to clean up the water. I had to do so according to my insurance policy to "secure the property". I now have a larger restoration claim that I am in negotiation for repairs with the insurance company that is not yet settled. I have not begun any of the repair work. Is this emergency service paid separately? The restoration company has not yet sent me a direct bill. Do I need to start being proactive?