Which foods trigger acid reflux?

pizza Spicey food

Potatos

It is different for each person. You have to pay attention to what happens when you eat different foods.

Fatty foods, gassy foods, spicy foods, and sugary foods are common culprits. But you have try them and see. These things may not bother you, and the thing that triggers your acid reflux may not be listed.

• ?

I don't easy spicy food or fried food and very little red meat and stick to chicken and pasta and veg but I find if I eat a large meal it can trigger acid reflux so I tend to stick to small portions more often and I am type 2 diabetic so have to eat healthy food.

It depends on your system.

Different foods affect people differently.

• 1465

Acid reflux isn't caused by certain foods or a lack of certain foods - other than salt.

The ingredient in spicy food that gives it its heat is called capsaicin - acid reflux is caused by hydrochloric acid. They're completely different.

The problem with acid reflux is the result of not enough bicarbonate solution to protect the stomach from the burning effects of the acid.

The job of producing this bicarbonate solution is the pancreas. But before it can do this, it needs sodium that comes from salt.

30 minutes before eating, dissolve a pinch (1/8 tsp) of sea salt on your tongue followed by 16 oz of water to wash it down. After eating, wait 2 hours, then repeat the protocol to complete the digestion process.

In addition to preventing acid reflux this will also prevent other digestive disorders such as ulcers.

acid food maybe

Things like alcohol (particularly red wine), black pepper, garlic, raw onions, spicy foods, chocolate, citrus fruits and products such as lemons, limes, oranges and orang juice, coffee and other caffeinated drinks including tea and soda, tomatoes and peppermint, are a few of the main causes for acid reflux.

Though if you're finding that your acid reflux is persistent, so if you haven't eaten any of this and you're still getting acid reflux, or if water is not helping and you're worried about it, then I'd recommend consulting your doctor. Acid reflux can sometimes be caused by a bug in your stomach called Helicobacter pylori or H. pylori. There's just a simple breath test to do, to determine if you have it and if you do, theres a medication that you take that will get rid of it.

probably gassy foods

Greasy ones, mostly.